Telegram app for PC is a messaging application designed to use on Android or IOS smartphones. It is an application that allows the user to connect with their friends and family in a much easier way. It is one of the fastest-growing applications all across the world. The telegram download for PC is as fast as the speed of air and enables faster communication through text messages, voice calls, and video calls.
With the advancement in technical fields, the number of applications developed has been tremendously increased in a short span of time. In the current scenario, we have thousands of applications making our task way simpler than the manual work. Whatsapp and Facebook have been the most famous and widely used applications for years. But the industry has developed itself to a larger extent.
These applications are good in themselves but lack certain features compared to the latest applications. To overcome such situations, several alternatives are being created. Out of which, the Telegram app for PC is the wise choice to be made. With 100+ features, it is the most popular application in the modern world. It offers multiple features along with some privacy-related tools. The telegram for PC download supports cross-platform and as a result, it can be used on both pc and Laptops as well.
It is a perfect application to share large attachments to your connections. It ensures end-to-end encryption of your messages and chats thus provides extra security to the users. It is even perfect to download all the latest movies and videos in high quality. Thus, it is a go-to app for everyone out there. Let us discuss more about this application in detail.
What Makes Telegram Unique?
You might be thinking about what makes the telegram app download for PC. It might sound shocking but the telegram app download for PC is one of the most widely used applications all around the world.
- Faster Communication: It allows you to communicate with your friends and family members through text messages. You can directly message your friends to get in touch.
- Supports Video And Voice Calls: Apart from text messages, you can even have video calls and voice calls with your friends. However, the calls are limited to a single person only. You cannot have group video or voice calls.
- File-sharing Platforms: It is the only platform that enables the users to share large files in Gbs of memory. For this purpose, the telegram for PC download is the most favorable application to share videos and movies.
- Group Facility: The app supports a wide variety of group features to the users. You can create a large group with around 20,000 members. The group can be used to conduct quizzes, polls, and can share attachments.
- Custom Proxy: At times, when the telegram application is not accessible in some areas, you can use the proxy server to get access to it. For this, open the application and go to settings. Click on “Advanced” and then Network and proxy settings. Now, you only have to select the type of your connection and then you can use a custom proxy server.
- Privacy Protection: The telegram for PC download provides proper privacy and safety to the users. It includes several privacy tools used for this purpose only. In the Settings option, you will find a large variety of options under the Privacy and Safety option. One such facility is the Two-step verification that can be used to ensure extra safety.
Can I download Telegram on my PC / Laptop?
Yes, although the telegram is an android application thankfully, it supports multiple device capabilities. The application is platform-independent and also supports cross-platform features. The developer has not released the official application for PC or desktop. However, you can still download telegram for Windows. It is compatible with all kinds of operating systems. Be it Linux, Windows, or MAC, the application works perfectly fine on each one of them. It is recommended to use the application on your PC to avail all of the latest features and updates. The application is known to offer the best user experience among all its competitors. Move on to the next section to learn the procedure to download telegram for PC.
How to Download Telegram For PC (Windows 10, 8, 7)?
Let us now learn the steps to download telegram for Windows. To make it easier for you all, we have mentioned the stepwise procedure that will guide you for telegram download for PC. You have to follow all the steps in the given sequential order to avoid inconvenience. So let’s start with the process.
There are two ways through which you can download the telegram for PC. One way is to use the official website of the application. The other way is through the Android Emulator. You can use the android emulator that will help you to download telegram for Windows.
Using The Direct Method:
The first and the easiest way to get the telegram for PC download is the direct method. In this, we will download telegram for PC through the official website of this application. So, here are the steps to be followed.
- Visit the official website of the Telegram application and navigate the download button. There are different buttons for different variants of your Operating System.
- You can either use the download button given on this page. This will automatically start the downloading procedure without having to perform other complementary tasks.
- As soon as you click on the download button, the file will begin to download on your device.
- Wait for the file to get downloaded.
- Once the download processing is over, go to the download folder of your device and there you will see the setup file.
- Double click on the setup.exe file to start the installation procedure.
- Click on the “Run” option in the displayed window as shown in the image given below.
- Now select the language you are comfortable with and click on “OK”.
- After this, a window will appear on the screen with the directory mentioned over it. It contains the path where your telegram app for PC will be installed. You can either continue with the default path or can modify it according to you.
- This is now the last window of the process. Click on “Install” and go ahead.
- Now, the confirmation window will appear. Click on “Finish” and you are done.
Using an Android Emulator:
This method requires the help of a third-party software known as Android Emulator. Most of you must have heard this name. And for those who haven’t, let us introduce you to this software. Android emulator is a kind of software that allows you to access and use Android applications on your PC, Laptop, or system. It does not affect or harm your device in any way. Instead, it acts as a third-party application used to access other applications. Now, talking about the varieties, so there are multiple choices of the emulator for the user. Some of the common emulators are – Bluestacks, Memu Emulator, NOX Player, and many others. These are the most commonly used emulators.
So, here we will be using the Bluestacks emulator as it is the most reliable one.
- Firstly, download the Bluestacks emulator on your device.
- Visit the official website of the Bluestacks emulator and find the download button or link on it.
- Click on the download button to start downloading the file.
- Now, wait till it is done.
- After this, open the file using the right-click button.
- This will launch the emulator on your device. Now, to set up the program you have to perform the instructions mentioned on the screen.
- Once the emulator is set up completely, we will now download the telegram for PC.
- Now, go to the play store option available on the screen.
- In the google play store, search for the telegram app download for PC.
- A list of related searches will appear on the screen. Out of these, select the required application.
- Now click on the “Install” option to start installing the application on your device.
- You have to wait for a few minutes till then the application is downloaded on your device.
- Once it is done, you can launch the application through the icon and can start using the telegram app for PC.
Frequently Asked Questions:
Moving on to the next section, here are some of the most frequently asked questions for the telegram app download for PC. These are the common questions that may arise in each of your mind.
- How to log in and use the telegram desktop download?
There are 2 ways through which you can log in through this application. They are as follows-
- Using QR code:
In this method, you have to scan the QR code through your mobile. But for this, you have to download the application on your mobile as well. Open the telegram on your mobile and scan the QR code.
Go to Settings=> then click on devices=> now scan the QR code.
After this, you will be logged in on your PC.
- Using Phone number:
In this, you have to use your Mobile Phone Number. Simply click on “log in using Phone number”.
Now select the country and mention the code.
After this, enter your phone number. Then click on “Next” and wait for the code. Verify the code and start using the application on your PC.
- Can I download the telegram app for PC using other emulators? What are the steps?
Of course, you can use any other emulator to use the application on your device. Let us discuss the steps using the NOX Player.
- First, download the NOX Player emulator on your device using its official website.
- Now, set up the emulator using the above instructions.
- Once the emulator is ready to use, open it and go to the play store.
- Search for the application that is the telegram for PC download.
- Now click on “install” to start the installation process.
- After this, you have your application and you can start using it.
- Is it safe to use the telegram application on my device?
Yes, the application is 100% safe and secure to use on your device. It includes several privacy protection tools which prevent your data from getting leaked. It is the safest messaging application you can rely on. It also has various login securities which notify the user if any suspicious activity is detected.
- What are the pros and cons of the telegram for PC?
Every other application has both negative and positive aspects. So we have listed both pros and cons of this application.
- The application can be used to conduct official meetings as well. This is due to the fact that it supports both video and voice calls.
- All your messages are end-to-end encrypted. Hence, no one can see your private messages and chats.
- It includes attractive stickers and GIFs that can be used while chatting.
- The application provides bots used to perform different tasks.
- It requires a strong internet connection to get the best working qualities.
- It is not available in every country and hence it is not accessible all around the world.
- The application includes high-security systems to prevent them from getting misused.
Telegram desktop download has rapidly spread its legs all across the world. It has proven out to be beneficial in all possible ways. So far, the application has received infinite positive reviews making it more popular these days. This was all about the unique application called telegram for PC. we have discussed two different approaches through which you can get the application easily on your PC or laptop. Both the methods are reliable and accurate.
For the emulator, if you do not want to use the Bluestacks emulator, you can use any one of your choices. The procedure will remain the same. All of them work fine, but the one mentioned here is the best. We have shared the complete information required to download, set up, and use the telegram app download for pc. Besides this, if you have got any doubts or queries, kindly use the comment section below to put your queries out there. We will try to resolve them as soon as possible. On this note, we would like to conclude this article.